Sunday 9 March 2014

Miss O's Portrait

You may have heard my warning about bartering with children and coming off the worse for wear. This was the photo handed to me over the fence by my niece on the day she and her sister bought a couple of my paintings and convinced me to throw in some portraits to sweeten the deal.

My brother remembers taking the photo, she later fell asleep in her high chair with hot chippies in her mouth, bless her.



The high chair served my kids as well, not to mention it has little Peter Rabbits on it, so I was really pleased to have the opportunity to capture on canvas a little piece of our family history. They grow up so fast!


I was fortunate enough to be able to nip downstairs and study the highchair in question. That helped enormously when I was painting the tiny Peters.




This kid had the coolest blue eyes; they're the colour of ice crystals on a bright spring morning. And her hair is just amazing, this was my first experience with such blonde hair and there is nothing blonde about it!  It has an almost mirror-like quality to it, it kinda absorbs the colours around it.


She's very pleased with the finished result and as much as I grumble and moan about it (#how we roll) I'm very pleased to have recorded a piece of family history that, however precious, would surely have been forgotten to bigger and more important memories in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment